Uthukela (KZN): VMMC Area Co-ordinator (X2)
VMMC Area Co-ordinator (X2)
Closing date: 5 July 2019
Epicentre is looking for skilled VMMC Area Co-ordinators in the Uthukela district (Sub-districts: Bergville & Escourt specifically) to undertake a variety of day-to-day mobilisation duties. You will be an essential part in ensuring that our mobilisation operations run smoothly and are successful in supporting the project goals and meeting targets. You will be expected to create, support, and sustain a demand for Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) by visiting the community, schools, workplaces, universities, NGOs and conducting presentations and referrals on VMMC.
This is a contract position.
- Matric will be an advantage.
- Knowledge or experience about Male Circumcision and prevention of HIV will be an advantage
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong verbal communication skills, including delivery of captivating presentations in front of a large group of people
- Contacts and existing relationships with community members, leaders, youth groups, community upliftent programmes aimed at boys/men will be a huge advantage
- Fluency in Zulu
- Good planning and organizational skills
- A valid driver’s license is essential!
- Computer literate (Essential!)
- Target driven
- Resides in & knowledgeable in the relevant sub-district
- Admin orientated
- Community oriented
- Strong relationship with local community stakeholder
- Able to work flexible hours and weekends
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview. Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to all applicants. If you are not contacted by Epicentre within two weeks, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.